I was supposed to go out to Michigan last week with Nathan. I was going to be staying at Kristn's house. The purpose of my trip was to go to my friend Becky's surprise 30th birthday party - and, I also scheduled Nathan's 3-Month pictures with my FAVORITE photographer in MI - Rachel Helder!!
Of course all my eye drama started on the Tuesday before I was supposed to leave. So, I knew I was going to have to cancel my trip - so sad!
Then a good friend here in RF called and asked/kinda told me she was going to drive me to Michigan. I told her thanks for the offer, but probably not. She called the next morning too.... so after talking to Rich and Kristin (to see if she'd drive me around - she offered before I could even ask) - before I knew it, I was packed, blindfolded to keep the light from my eyes and on my way...
Driving 3 1/2 hours, in complete blackness is wierd... very wierd....
We stopped at Uccello's on the way - the best BBQ chicken pizza - EVER!! A few friends met us for a quick, impromptu dinner...


Earl and Rachel were there too!! IT was great and Mary Ellen fit right in :-)
On Friday, we took Nathan to Rachel's for pictures... she did an amazing job- I can't even clearly see all the pictures yet, but I know they are good!! Here are a couple samples...


That last pose is important, because I have the SAME pose of Tyler and Karmyn at the same age. We're going to have them blown up to 11x14 and framed!!
Friday night was the party... Becky was so surprised, and since I had let Kristi know I wasn't going to be able to make the trip - Kristi was surprised too...


Of course all my eye drama started on the Tuesday before I was supposed to leave. So, I knew I was going to have to cancel my trip - so sad!
Then a good friend here in RF called and asked/kinda told me she was going to drive me to Michigan. I told her thanks for the offer, but probably not. She called the next morning too.... so after talking to Rich and Kristin (to see if she'd drive me around - she offered before I could even ask) - before I knew it, I was packed, blindfolded to keep the light from my eyes and on my way...
Driving 3 1/2 hours, in complete blackness is wierd... very wierd....
We stopped at Uccello's on the way - the best BBQ chicken pizza - EVER!! A few friends met us for a quick, impromptu dinner...


Earl and Rachel were there too!! IT was great and Mary Ellen fit right in :-)
On Friday, we took Nathan to Rachel's for pictures... she did an amazing job- I can't even clearly see all the pictures yet, but I know they are good!! Here are a couple samples...


That last pose is important, because I have the SAME pose of Tyler and Karmyn at the same age. We're going to have them blown up to 11x14 and framed!!
Friday night was the party... Becky was so surprised, and since I had let Kristi know I wasn't going to be able to make the trip - Kristi was surprised too...


As for the train ride - sort of. Well, we went to Holland, we boarded... we sat... for 2 hours... there was no heat, no lights and no bathrooms. Finally, after 2 hours, they announced that they were going to have to bus us to Chicago... oh, and the buses wouldn't be there for almost another 2 hours!!
Kristin rushed into Holland and picked us up (oh, and 2 college guys I picked up on the train too!) and drove us to Michigan City. There Rich and Tyler picked us up - dropped the guys off at Midway and finally, we were home.... whew!

0 comments:
Post a Comment