Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer - July '09

Yikes, once again I have fallen behind with my blog enteries... Facebook makes it so easy to update everyone on there, but I forget not everybody is on Facebook... so, I'm making time this morning to update on our blog as well....
July was a really fun month at the Davis house. My sister Ann, and her 3 girls (Sarah (9), Rebekah (7) and Rachel (5)) came in on Saturday, July 11th (my 29th birthday!!). Ann and the girls spent the week at our house while Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel and Tyler attended VBS (Vacation Bible School) at our church. We also had fun outings in the afternoons.. one of which was to the Kohl Children's Museum - Aunt Carol even met us there!! One day Rich and I got called out on a pastoral visit, so Ann had 5 of the kids... she braved Chuck E Cheese all by herself... pretty impressive! I wish I had a picture of that!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

On Saturday, July 18th, my brother-in-law Sam flew in from Georgia, and on Monday, we all packed up to go on vacation to the Betke's lake home on Gun Lake in Michigan. We had such a blast. We went to the dairy farm where we all got to see the cows being milked and even had some of the baby cows sucking on our fingers!! We went to Craigs Cruisers where all the kids got to go on Go-Kart rides, bumper boat rides, and play games in the arcade... oh yes, and also we had 3-hour access to their buffet... we serioulsy ate, played, and ate some more!! We went to the beach, played on jet skis, and did LOTS of fishing! We even got a babysitter for all 6 kiddos, and the 4 adults went out for dinner... alone... a first!!


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

It was a wonderful July!!


PhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: